Tips for ERAS Applicants
May 17, 2023
Are you a medical student interested in applying to anesthesiology residency? This webinar included medical education leaders from across the country with expert advice on the ERAS application process, signaling, away rotations, and more. Discover the key attributes that residency program directors seek in their ideal candidates, and learn how to make yourself stand out by highlighting your unique story.
Understanding & Addressing Sexual Harassment in Academic Anesthesiology
March 22, 2023
1 in 2 women faculty in anesthesiology have experienced sexual harassment — the highest reported rate among academic medicine departments — according to the AAMC’s first-of-its-kind report on the prevalence of sexual harassment among U.S. medical school faculty in the workplace.
Lead author Diana Lautenberger, M.A., joined RADAR and the Association of University Anesthesiologists for an important discussion on sexual harassment within the field and what practices we can put in place to prevent harassment.
Advice on Residency Interviewing
October 26, 2021
Residents from across the country discuss why they chose anesthesiology and offer tips on preparing for the virtual interviewing season and evaluating a program’s culture and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ottavia Green, M.D., moderator: PGY-3, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Kelly Foster, M.D.: PGY-4, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Anderson Lee IV, M.D./MPH: PGY-1, University of Michigan Medical School
- Chideraa Ukeje, M.D./MPH: PGY-1, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Why We’re Here: Increasing Diversity in Anesthesiology
March 31, 2021
The RADAR Virtual Launch Event featured a panel discussion on the need for greater diversity within the field. Panelists:
- Allison Mitchell, M.D., Associate Program Director for Residency and Assistant Professor, Washington University in St. Louis
- Peter Knoester, M.D., Anesthesia Practice Consultants and Grand Rapids African American Health Institute Advisory Council
- Brittany Ervin-Sikhondze, M.D., Anesthesiology Intern, University of Michigan